KSystemLog is a system log viewer tool. This program is developed for beginner users, who don't know how to find information about their Linux system, and don't know where log files are.
It is also of course designed for advanced users, who quickly want to understand problems of their machine with a more powerful and graphical tool than tail -f and less commands.
- Show all logs of your system, grouped by General (Default system log, Authentication, Kernel, X.org...), and optional Services. (Apache, Cups,...)
- Colorize log lines depending on their severities
- Tabbed view to allow displaying several logs at the same time
- Auto display new lines logged
- Fast parsing and reading (more than 10000 lines each 5 seconds)
- Detailed informations for each log lines
- Quick filter
- Able to send a log message manually to the system.
- Save, copy to clipboard and printing are of course available.
- It can parse the following log files of your system :
- System logs
- X.org logs
- Kernel logs
- Authentication logs
- Acpid logs
- Cups logs
- Postfix logs
- Apache logs
- Samba logs
- Daemons logs
- Cron logs
- XSessions logs