KDE 3.2.2 to 3.2.3 Changelog
This page tries to present as much as possible of the problem corrections that occurred in KDE between the 3.2.2 and 3.2.3 releases. Nevertheless it should be considered as incomplete.
- general: More and better usage of icons in different widgets
- kiosk: Support for user profiles
- kfile: directory chooser dialog now hides hidden directories, added context option to show
- uiserver: Fix KIO: Progress Dialog - 'Keep open' + 'Open File' - Problems
- kwallet: Keep KWallet's password dialog above other windows
- Euphoria screensaver: Fixed "white bg" bug, some mem leaks, more precise timing
- Plastik: Ported changes from the development branch back to KDE 3.2.x. They include various bug fixes and small visible changes.
- Plastik: Adopt horizontal menu geometries from Keramik [#79674]
- Plastik: Use the correct background color for translucent menus [#81249]
- general: More and better usage of icons in different applications
- general: Fix link order for IRIX [#78228], [#76174]
- kappfinder: Fixed menu structure and added icons of several applications
- kicker: Don't show unimplemented "About" and "Preferences" for universal sidebar
- kicker: Fix two panels on different xinerama screens affecting their placement.
- konqueror/kdesktop: Fix konqueror is ignoring umask when creating new files
- konqueror/kdesktop: Fix filename suggestion when moving files applies to all subsequent files
- konqueror: Made all items in the "Go" menu open in the current Konqueror window
- konqueror: Now Ctrl+Enter opens a tab with default background setting
- konqueror: Holding Shift while opening a tab inverses the "open tabs in background" setting
- konqueror: "[FMSettings] TabPosition=Bottom" in konquerorrc lets the tabbar appear at bottom
- konqueror: Fix konqueror listview rightclick always selects file
- konsole: Added the ability to fetch the shell PID per session via DCOP
- konsole: Fix terminal size display is covered by kwin size display
- konsole: Fix Default rendition should be used when clearing screen areas
- konsole: Fix can't change/save Keytabs in the Session Editor
- konsole: Fix for crashes on exit.
- konsole: Fix transparant background updates
- kio_fish: Fixes for copying into a symlink to a folder, and for copying over a directory that already exists
- kwin: Keep properly splashscreens above their mainwindows.
- kwin: Restore focus when a broken application sets it to nowhere.
- kwin: Fix dialog placement problems with Konqueror with Qt-3.2.x .
- kwin: Fix problem with minimizing xmms.
- kwin: Fix active desktop borders while moving improper initialization.
- kwin: Fix Shift+middle mouse button action in Konqueror.
- klipper: Fix Klipper reacting to its own clipboard changes.
- khotkeys: Mouse gestures are globally disabled by default.
- drkonqi: Fix valid backtraces sometimes being reported as useless.
- kcontrol: Fix colorsheme file name conflict [#74687]
- kalzium: Fix #76417: i18n problems in kalzium
- kig: Save window settings on exit
- kbruch: Make sure task settings could not be invalid
- kruler: When move rule window, use "cross arrows" cursor
- kfile-plugins/jpeg: Compile fix for IRIX / MipsPro [#78244]
- kppp: Fix flow control for non-English users
- kppp: Added /dev/ttyS4 device. Custom devices still cannot be set unfortunately.
- kget: Fix filesize display for files > 2GB
- kopete: Fix bug 79468: Don't add temporary Yahoo! contacts to the serverside list.
- kopete: Fix bug 81143: Kopete doesn't save settings when exiting KDE
- kopete: Fix bug 81809: Close button doesn't close application when the system tray is disabled
- kopete: Fix bug 81823: Ignoring incoming IRC conversations crashes Kopete
- kopete: Fix bug 77100: Avoid using libpng if no image is present
- kopete: Fix bug 80158: When I type more than one space in a row, Kopete sends the characters " "
- kopete: Fix bug 79981: Yahoo won't connect with correct password on AMD64
- Shortcuts work again
- Fixed being able to uncheck all text format buttons in RT mode
- Fixed possibility of some global settings not being saved
- KNode: Fix coloring of quoted text (#75333)
- KNode: Prevent multiple configure shortcuts actions when running in Kontact (#79000)
- kuiviewer: Fixed loading of menu layout definition
- cervisia: Fixed several bugs in resolve dialog [#46871, #74903]
- cervisia: Don't ignore the CVS_RSH setting during checkout [#80291]
- cervisia: Handle spaces in the working folder name correctly [#81498]
- cervisia: Honor option "Hide Non-CVS Files" when opening a branch in the file tree [#58254]
- VPL: (once again) don't lose the comment text from inside a comment [#81162]
- don't crash when source/VPL buttons are pressed while a plugin is visible [#76616]
- don't crash when canceling a failed upload
- don't crash when saving files while the structure tree is visible [#79803]
- don't crash when inserting a dot in an empty CSS file [#82143]
- fix a major memory leak, cause of many crashes and instability
- don't be confused by quotation marks inside a script area which is inside a tag value (like <a href="<? echo "foo" ?>">) [#80683]
- fix search problems when Preview is set to appear in the bottom area [#76832]
- fix restoration of the toolbar visibility setting [#79082]
- hide/show the plugin toolbar as well when Show Toolbar is unchecked/checked [#79082]
- fix the layout of the Document Properties Dialog
- don't ask for copying a file to the project if it is under the project directory (happened with symlinked files and projects)
- color with bold in the Files Tree the opened files, even if they are under a symlinked directory
- don't save the shortcuts as localized strings [#80115]
- remove the backup files in every case when the document was saved and don't warn about their presence on the next startup
- <fieldset> is not a single tag [#79926]
- unconditionally hide the splash screen after 10 seconds [#80086, #82013]
- make uploading of empty folders possible [#82127]
- don't show the file changed dialog when previewing after Save All or Project Upload was called
- fix removal of action containing &
- fix toolbar configuration and removal for non-English versions
- improvement: allow two plugins named differently, but using of the same part
- performance improvement: faster parsing and tree building
- satisfy new haskel compilers and do not return random data
- GUI translations: Hindi and Slovenian
- don't crash when user attempts "add method" without selecting a class [#81579]
- make the importer acknowledge more header suffixes than .h [#71099]
- don't crash when there is no preferred handler for application/x-designer [#79794]