KDE 3.0 to 3.0.1 Changelog
This page tries to present as much as possible of the problem corrections that occurred in KDE between the 3.0 and 3.0.1 releases.
- Build fixes.
- dcop: dcopfind can launch the app if not already there.
- kabc: Fix import of kde2 addressbooks, in case the libkab addressbook doesn't exist.
- kabc: Use KSaveFile for saving vcards, to avoid trashed files when the disk becomes full.
- kate: fixed several segfaults.
- khtml: Allow to search for regexps independent of kregexpeditor installed.
- khtml: Various crashes and rendering problems fixed.
- khtml: Support for literal parsing of html tags in <title> tags
- khtml: Java embedding race situation fixed.
- kio: Improve cache-handling of pages and its embedded objects.
- kfile: Better keyboard handling support.
- kfile: Added direct access to the floppy in the Filedialog.
- kfile: Fixed lan browsing / smb file selection
- http ioslave: the Accept-Charset request header has been fixed.
- http ioslave: the default User-Agent string has been simplified.
- http ioslave: fix http authentication over proxied ssl connections.
- http ioslave: only do persistent connections for GET requests.
- http ioslave: Properly detect premature loss of connection.
- http ioslave: Don't send referrer for anything but http/https/webdav/webdavs
- kthemestyle: Use the proper font for menubar entries.
- kthemestyle: Improve handling of patterned backgrounds.
- kio: improved support for case-insensitive filesystems (FAT).
- kdirwatch: various bugs in the FAM support have been fixed.
- kab: has been deprecated and its documentation removed.
- kssl: various ssl related fixes.
- kjs: another fix for a rare crash in the garbage collector.
- kjs: improved regexp support.
- kjs: fixes in Date object and some global properties and functions
- KConfig: make it react properly to language changes.
- K*Socket: various bugs have been fixed.
- KUniqueApplication: Use proper pid for not-so-unique processes.
- KDatePicker: various fixes.
- KPrinter: fix crash in wizard when testing a printer.
- kdesu: getpeereid() support added.
- kaction: fix accidental event duplication.
- kaction: make action->setShortcut( KShortcut() ); work.
- klistview: improved "full-width column" support.
- lilo-config: fixed crash.
- kcmlinuz: Fixed internationalisation.
- i18n fix for kcontrol module.
- KFind: Allow to search for 0 byte files, fixed general size search.
- KFind: Don't show directories when searching for executable files.
- Kicker: Don't lose system tray entries sometimes when Kicker restarts.
- Kicker: Hide/show all detailed menu entries when configuration changes.
- Kicker: Grave memory leak in Quick Browser fixed.
- Konqueror: Don't crash in some cases when a kpart exits.
- Konsole: Fixed support for "screen".
- Konsole: Drag and Drop: shellQuote single remote file.
- Konsole: Scrolllock only reacts to Key_ScrollLock, not Ctrl-S.
- Konsole: Shift-MMB now pastes for mouse-aware applications.
- Konsole: Doesn't show terminal size hint at startup.
- Konsole: Selection fixes, xterm-like behavior.
- Konsole: Session editor makes "Apply" active.
- kcontrol: Fixes for RTL layouts.
- khelpcenter: RTL fixes.
- audiocd ioslave: Improved *BSD support
- man ioslave: Improved *BSD support
- smtp ioslave: Fixing SMTP AUTH with TLS for various SMTP server configurations.
- smtp ioslave: Fixing sending of SMTP AUTH PLAIN for servers that expect non-dialog form authentication.
- klipper: Disabled synchronizing contents of the clipboard and the selection.
- kbookmarkeditor: Fixes for running multiple instances.
- Many compile and binding fixes.
- KuickShow: Printing fixes.
- KuickShow: Allow switching between different directory views.
- KuickShow: Fixed wrong sorting of files in one rare case.
- Fix save and restore of address book dialog.
- kmail: Disable editing of header field combobox for IMAP folders in the search dialog.
- kmail: Fix the problem where selecting another folder would reset the header field values when not one of the predefined ones.
- kmail: Search case-insensitively for headers.
- kmail: Remove newlines from pasted text in header fields.
- kmail: Recode also the headers, when the charset of an already existing mail is changed manually.
- kmail: Restore unencrypted/unsigned message text also for msgs withattachments which are opened in the composer for editting and fix #41102.
- kmail: Don't ask if the message should be encrypted if the user didn't specify.
- kmail: Improved behaviour of sign/encrypt actions if identity is changed because this prevents users from trying to encrypt a message without having set a OpenPGP identity which will fail if the user set 'encrypt to self'.
- kmail: Correctly handle errors during decryption, i.e. don't use GnuPG's output.
- kmail: Fix for Bug #40075.
- kmail: Don't show the 'PGP message' color bar message if the message doesn't contain a valid OpenPGP block.
- kmail: Don't switch the current mail back to the top when a new mail arrives in the current folder.
- kmail: Bug #39796: Copying address to clipboard fails to set selection.
- kmail: Don't rfc2047-encode the @ in addr-specs.
- kmail: Partial fix for "KMail puts rfc2231 encoded parameter values into DQUOTES".
- kmail: Fix Bug #39328: Moving IMAP mail between different IMAP-accounts.
- kmail: Handle spaces at line breaks between encoded and unencoded words correctely in RFC2047 encoding.
- kmail: Fix an address parsing bug.
- kmail: Use User-Agent, not X-Mailer as header field.
- kmail: Don't eat in some cases the whole folder, when moving messages between IMAP folders.
- kmail: Bug #38809: Attachments lost using filters for forwarding.
- kmail: Fix "no stdin at execute filter".
- kmail: Don't crash when KRegExpEditor isn't installed.
- kmail: Make sure that the (regexp) "Edit" button is [dis|en]abled properly.
- kmail: Raise the progressbar in the status bar only when it's visible.
- kmail: Enhanced lock file handling (global KMail lock).
- kmail: Save and restore size of the address book dialog.
- kmail: Don't fail to save attachments > 14MB completely.
- kmail: Fix a bug when creating a new identity as copy of the default.
- kmail: Harmonize range and default value of "wrap column". Fixes #39665.
- kpilot: fixed vcal (KOrganizer) conduit crashes.
- kpilot: subtle bugfixes in other conduits.
- KOrganizer: Fixed time shift problem with timezones different than UTC.
- KOrganizer: Fixed memory leaks of calendar loading and saving code.
- KOrganizer: A lot of other bugfixes.
- cvscheck: Fixed output for branched checkouts.
- cvslastchange: Fix diff output for first commit to a branch.
- kbabel: Many Bugfixes.
- kweather: i18n fixes.
- ark: Fixes for various crashes.
- ark: Many bugfixes.
- kcalc: Bugfixes.
- removed flickering in output view, highlight error messages.
- avoid that corrupted .kdevses files confuse KDevelop.
- fixed crash in class viewer.
- fixed view focus problem and appropriate crashes, does also concern to copy & paste problems of the previous version
- fixed translation of compiler messages in output view
- fixed names of project types in the project wizard list
- fixed missing newlines in Output toolview