KDE 4.1.3 Info Page
KDE 4.1.3 was released on November 5th, 2008.
This page will be updated to reflect changes in the status of 4.1.3 release cycle so check back for new information.
Please report possible problems to email@example.com.
This is a list of grave bugs and common pitfalls surfacing after the release was packaged:
- None known currently
Please check the bug database before filing any bug reports. Also check for possible updates on this page that might describe or fix your problem.
FAQSee the KDE FAQ for any specific questions you may have. Questions about Konqueror should be directed to the Konqueror FAQ.
Download and Installation
Build instructions. Build instructions are separately maintained.
The KDE release is split into a platform release and a desktop release.
The complete source code for KDE 4.1.3 is available for download:
Some Linux/UNIX OS vendors have kindly provided binary packages of KDE 4.1 for some versions of their distribution, and in other cases community volunteers have done so. Some of these binary packages are available for free download from KDE's http or FTP mirrors.
Currently pre-compiled packages are available for:
- Debian KDE 4.1.3 packages are available in the experimental repository. More details can be found in the installation instructions. For Lenny users there are backports available at http://kde4.debian.net
Fedora KDE 4.1.3 packages are available:
- Fedora 10
- Fedora 9: These packages do not include a KDE4 build of kdepim. A KDE4 build of kdepim is available from the unstable repository at the kde-redhat project.
- Rawhide development repository: These packages may depend on other Rawhide packages and are therefore not suitable for installation on previous releases.
- Kubuntu packages are included in the backports repository for 8.10 (intrepid-backports). More details can be found in the announcement on Kubuntu.org.
- openSUSE packages are available for openSUSE 11.0 (one-click install), for openSUSE 10.3 (one-click install) and openSUSE Factory (one-click install). A KDE Four Live CD with these packages is also available.
- Magic Linux KDE 4.1.3 packages are available for Magic Linux 2.1. See the release notes for detailed information and the FTP tree for packages.