KDE 4.1.0 Info Page
KDE 4.1.0 was released on July 29th, 2008.
This page will be updated to reflect changes in the status of 4.1 release cycle so check back for new information.
Please report possible problems to firstname.lastname@example.org.
This is a list of grave bugs and common pitfalls surfacing after the release was packaged:
- None known currently
Please check the bug database before filing any bug reports. Also check for possible updates on this page that might describe or fix your problem.
FAQSee the KDE FAQ for any specific questions you may have. Questions about Konqueror should be directed to the Konqueror FAQ.
Download and Installation
Build instructions. Build instructions are separately maintained.
The KDE release is split into a platform release and a desktop release.
The complete source code for KDE 4.1.0 is available for download:
Some Linux/UNIX OS vendors have kindly provided binary packages of KDE 4.1 for some versions of their distribution, and in other cases community volunteers have done so. Some of these binary packages are available for free download from KDE's http or FTP mirrors.
Currently pre-compiled packages are available for:
- Debian KDE 4.1.0 packages are available in the experimental repository. The KDE Development Platform is in unstable. More details can be found in the installation instructions.
- Fedora KDE 4.1.0 packages have been pushed as an update for Fedora 9. Note that the Fedora 9 packages do not include kdepim. A Fedora 9 build of kdepim 4.1.0 is available from the unstable repository at kde-redhat. KDE 4.1.0 is also included in the experimental Rawhide development repository, however the packages there may depend on other Rawhide packages and are therefore not suitable for installation on Fedora 9.
- Kubuntu packages are included in the upcoming "Intrepid Ibex" (8.10) and also made available as updates for the stable 8.04 ("Hardy Heron"). More details can be found in the announcement on Kubuntu.org.
- Mandriva provide packages for 2008.1 i586 ( Mandriva Spring ). Please refer to README to more information and how to instal debug packages to provide upstream developers proper information in case you desire help KDE improving. For Mandriva cooker ( development ) users, 4.1.0 is fully available at cooker repositories.
- openSUSE packages are available for openSUSE 11.0 (one-click install), for openSUSE 10.3 (one-click install) and openSUSE Factory (one-click install). A KDE Four Live CD with these packages is also available.
- Magic Linux KDE 4.1.0 packages are available for Magic Linux 2.1. See the release notes for detailed information and the FTP tree for packages.
- Windows KDE 4.1.0 packages for Microsoft Windows. See windows.kde.org for details. Download installer and get your kde apps on your windows desktop. Note: KDE on Windows is not in the final state, so many applications can be unsuitable for day to day use yet.